When my alarm goes off at 5:30 in the morning, I look forward to starting my day on the right foot . . . with some delicious french press coffee, of course. My morning coffee has been my ritual for as long as I can remember. All I need is my morning cup.
In the afternoons, when I want a caffeine fix and need a break from work, I make myself a matcha green tea latte. My favorite: David's Tea Vanilla Matcha. Follow the instructions below and treat yourself to the perfect afternoon fix to help you tackle the rest of your day.
1 Teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup of Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
1 Teaspoon Honey, Stevia, or Sugar (optional)
- Boil your water in a kettle.
- In a separate sauce pan, bring your coconut or almond milk to boil
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder into your mug
- Slowly add the water and mix with a spoon until the matcha tea has dissolved.
- Pour your milk into the remaining of your tea and thoroughly mix until smooth and light green in color.
- Add sweetener if necessary.
If you wish, you can sprinkle matcha green tea powder and cinnamon on your latte. Feel free to add ice and make this into an Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte.
Cheers and Enjoy!