It's the most wonderful time of the year! 'Tis the season to be filled with pumpkin spice lattes, pecan pies, gingerbread cookies, and my favorite cinnamon cookies. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
My mom used to bake cinnamon cookies for my sister and I during the holidays when we were young. It has been a tradition since. Now that both my sister and I are home for the holidays, cinnamon cookies are a must. Follow the simple instructions below and enjoy these delicious delights.
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs and sugar and beat with a mixer at high speed for one minute.
- Add the sour cream and baking powder.
- Pour the melted butter into the batter.
- Turn the mixer into low speed and gradually add the flour.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients for another three minutes.
- With a tablespoonful, arrange the cookies one inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- In a shallow bowl add the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping on each cookie evenly.
- Place tray into the oven and bake the cookies for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool. Enjoy!